Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Redeemer in Red


I am being entertained by two male cardinals engaged in a game of tag taking place over the pinnacles of my backyard pines. Over and over again they circle the forest firmament and return to the same branch.
Always the male that catches the eye.
Vivid red.
Captivated by Calvary.
Incarnate blood.
I am moved to pray;

Father,
I have sacrificed my blessings on the altar of selfish pursuits.
I am base, weak, broken. Fill me again with passion for prayer, longing for your presence and hunger for truth at any cost.
Forgive my hidden faults and willful disobedience and make me new. You make all things new.

His Reply?
A female cardinal swoops in, perches before me, and I get it. I get it!
He is the Redeemer in red, the male cardinal in all its perfection and beauty.
I am the daughter, image of The Father, a muted shade of red. For now.
But then, when the wings of my soul fly into eternity, I'll shall be as white as snow,
yet covered in the red blood of Christ.

Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; 
then we shall see face to face.
1 Corinthians 13:12

 Behold
I make all things new.
Revelation 21:5

                                                                         
                                                                   


Psalm 19:12-13
Isaiah 1:18-20