Friday, March 1, 2013

Deluded by Desire



Sin is crouching at your door,
it desires to have you, 
but you must master it.
Genesis 1:6

It's coming.
The looming black cloud hangs heavy on the horizon. The seas shiver and the earth shakes.
A tsunami is silently snaking inland. I sense it in my innermost parts.
It's closer.
Like an unseen, encroaching marching band, I feel it pound and pulse in my chest with every slam of a percussioner's hammer.
It's crouching.
At the door. Hungry to trespass and enter my dwelling, it wants to prostitute me with the lust of my eyes and the desires of my heart.

Unless the Lord intervenes, our fall is imminent.

Are you entertaining a desire that deludes?
You might do well to remember that there is a way that seems right to man, but in the end leads to death. Just ask Lot.
He followed his desire but found delusion at the door instead.
He followed fantasy and found poverty.
He followed a desire that found him camped near Sodom and eventually living there.
God will intervene and save when you ask, for he is faithful. But in the mean-time;
you might want to consider moving your tent.

***
Ill gotten gain takes away the life of those who get it. 
***
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world yet forfeit his soul? 





Numbers 15:39
Proverbs 14:12
Proverbs 28:19
Proverbs 1:19
Mark 8:36
Genesis 13:12, 14:12