Monday, April 29, 2013

Leaf Words


                                                                                 

"I believe  the books (of the bible) are alive; 
I believe that leaves still grow in them."
G.K. Chesterton


Words. Animate things, actually. 

In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word WAS God.

The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day... for they are not idle words--they are your life.

If leaves grow on words, then I better watch and water my words well.  

Be slow to speak and quick to listen.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight.

Sometimes words can violate a moment.

Be still and know that I am God.

Leaves. Words.  Life.  
***

Blessed is the one who delights in the law of the Lord, and meditates on His Word.
She is like a tree planted by streams of water--
her leaf never withers.
Psalm 1:2-3

                                             
John 1:1, 6:63 Deuteronomy 32:46-47  James 1:19  Psalm 19:14, 46:10