Thursday, December 13, 2012

SHALOM?


Shalom :  hebrew word for peace-
rich, deep, spiritual meaning, expressed when God moves and makes our brokenness whole.
             
Shalom for you as an individual means no fighting with yourself, no quarreling between the two halves of your divided soul. To wish someone shalom is to wish him or her the blessing of wholeness and integrity.                   -- Rabbi Harold Kushner





In despair I bowed my head
there is no peace on earth I said
for hate is strong and mocks the song
of peace on earth, goodwill to men.
                          --Casting crowns


For many there is no peace. No shalom.  Especially during the holiday season.
Jesus wept for the wounds of the world, it's only fitting we should as well.  


Should I be carried to the skies
on a bed of flowery ease?
while others fought to win the prize
and sailed through bloody seas?
                 --Isaac Watts.


            As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you.
                                                           1 Samuel 12:23



     SHALOM !