Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tabernacle

If you know me at all, you know there is no other place I would rather be than deep in a wooded enclave, alone, in prayer. Nothing can settle me more than the life and peace I find in that natural sanctuary.
This is where I rest, heal, renew.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.     
2 Corinthians 12:9


REST  1

The Greek translates 'rest' in this passage as 'Tabernacle'.

Tabernacle;
To spread a tent.
To tabernacle over, to cover.
To superimpose a time, place, order.

To occupy as God did in the old testament tabernacle for the purpose of protection and communion.

I can scarcely wrap my head around this glory- God covering me with the canopy of trees and, more profoundly, himself.
Hiding me in His secret place for the purpose of communing with me, protecting and advising me.
Superimposing his divine and eternal plan, place, time, and order for my current weakness, trial, and trouble.

Such knowledge is too wonderful to me, 
too lofty for me to attain.
Psalm 139:6




1.)  Strong's expanded exhaustive concordance of the bible, Red letter edition. James Strong, LL.D., S.T.D. Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2001. Number 1981.

2.) Psalm 91:1


No comments: