Wednesday, August 21, 2013

#AMAZED

I am about to go the way of all the earth.
Joshua 23:14

Well, those weren't really her exact words.

It was more like;  I just can't get the job done

In essence she was saying,  I can't seem to die.

Sixty-four years of active living and healthy eating apparently made no difference other than to prolong the agony of the dash;   6/18/1932--8/20/1996.

Diagnosed with leukemia at age 63 and given an average of seven years to live, mom passed away in only three.

#AMAZED:

Mom was a very private person, and speaking about a personal faith as opposed to the practice of tradition was awkward and threatening to her. Yet had God not given me the courage to persevere in presenting the gospel to her, I wouldn't have the peace I have today regarding her eternity.

Early in mom's illness, when prayers for healing began to be lifted to the heavens on her behalf, the Lord led me to Psalm 91.
It became a spiritual gift of encouragement, and a reminder of God's care and provision for us all.


#AMAZED:

The Psalm 91 mug.

I found the mug shortly after mom's diagnosis.




#AMAZED:

The confirmation.

Three years later.


The dying of a physical body is hard work and she was struggling, I knew it would be soon.
In the car and on my way to visit mom, I again poured out my soul;
Please God, I know I shouldn't ask this, but I need a fleece, an assurance of her eternal security. 
Grant me something unmistakably from you today. Move in an amazing, even miraculous way that assures me you have heard my prayer for her soul and answered.

The moment I entered her hospital room, mom waved her hand in the air and gestured to the Fall Precaution print on the wall behind her, asking ; What does THAT remind you of? 

I contemplated the print for several minutes and finally answered with frustration over my inability to get the connection ; I have no idea. What DOES it mean? 

Psalm 91
!  she said. "He shall give His angels charge over thee!"


#AMAZED:

Wow. Who would EVER, in a million years have pulled THAT from the print!

"The Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes!"

Mark 12:11

#AMAZED #AMAZED #AMAZED.



I am eternally grateful that NOTHING is too hard for the Lord, that we can approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 1

Oh ye of little faith. 
Why did I ask for such a miracle and then let my words blow out the window as if the request was too much to ask




         1   Jeremiah 32:17  Hebrews 4:16