Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tucker and Tod

Tucker.
I hear the methodical pecking of the computer keyboard behind me.
One key at a time.
Slow. Deliberate. Punctuated. Tedious. Laborious.
It's like a chicken at the trough.

It's her again.
My co-worker and friend.
I call her ODT, because that's what I do.
I re-name people. And emotions.
Often with acronyms. I'm quirky like that.

ODT is short for One Digit Tucker. That's how she types. With one finger at a time! arrrggghh.

Glory! Take a computer class why don't you !

Then I hear the pounding--fingers of fury attacking random keys at super human pace.
The whacking of computer mouse against the desk.
The slamming of keyboard repeatedly onto formica.
All done to imitate me and my 100 word per minute mode.

It's hilarious, actually.
The four of us explode with laughter.

Tod.
Because my fingers also have their moments, for some insane reason, and want to land on T instead of G when I type GOD, I have likewise decided to rename God.
I have subsequently relented to the T and now refer to him as Tod.

Ruby. 
I call her boo boo.
We bought her for our princess daughter who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.
She pretty much got whatever she wanted.
And she absolutely wanted a lhasa.

We are now a family of lhasa lovers.
Good thing, because somehow when Abby left, Boo Boo stayed.

The Nixon's
They lived next door.

They had a kitchen full of caged pet monkey's. At one time we counted 15. Fifteen!!!
Six dogs, all allowed to roam free, one of which bit my ankle at midnight as we were rushing our 2 year old son to the E.R with croup.
A goat residing in the bathroom.
A mammoth size catfish swimming in the bathtub.
Half a dozen cats.
Several large birds that squawked at all hours of the day and night.
And a pony living in the back yard.

It was NOT a farm. It was a 1100 sq. ft. home on a 1/4 acre lot at most.
It was the suburbs. And they were blatantly in violation of every conceivable city ordinance.

They were the bane of our existence.

So,


What does a technologically challenged co-worker, Tod, a dog named boo, and a family of 15+ the zoo have in common, you might ask?

It's simple;  give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18



Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,
who was, and is, and is to come.

You are worthy oh Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
For you created all things and
by your will they were created
and have their being.
Revelation 4:8,11

And we know that
ALL things work together for good,
to those who love the Lord.
Romans 8:28


There's a purpose for everything under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 3:1