Sunday, May 12, 2013

For This Child I Prayed

For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me the petition for which I have asked Him.
1 Samuel 1:27



And I did. Like Hannah, I prayed. I prayed for my children, and "The Lord granted me what I asked of Him". They are a treasure-trove of answered prayer-- blessings too rich to wrap with words that defy description of the miraculous gift of life and laughter.

Is there anything more profound than a parents petition of prayer for the child?
Consider the prayer of Jesus, below;
Father,
"I pray for them, and all who will come after them. Protect them by the power of your name, so they may have the full measure of my joy within them.  Sanctify them by the truth of your word. I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world."     John 17:9-24

We pray for our children, He prays for His.
Consider yourself prayed for by the one who loves you with an everlasting love.  :)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY