Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Grace and Gratitude

"No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night." *

 All along I had a gut that this was the intended oracle of Dabar;  experience devastating adversity so that through grace I could discover true gratitude.

Yes. YES, I think it is. This is why he has allowed me to stray and suffer, to show me his grace. To teach me the 747 principle-He who has been forgiven much, loves much.

I have endured an arduous, hot, and dusty trek through the book of proverbs the last few days, and the writer isn't kind to the woman--
Adulteress!   Seductress!  Wayward wife!  Disgraceful wife!  Dog!
Add other scriptures with equal tidings of great joy and you have the creme de la creme of titles ;
Covenant breaker!  Faithless Judah! Complaining Israel!  Donkey! Cow!

"No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night."
I have been taken to Dabar.
    I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.  

"No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night."
I am the one in the shadows with her alabaster jar and I am weeping in  black, for I know who I have  been. **

"No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night."
I haven't emerged from the night yet, but I see the shaft of His light through the door of my heart, and it is illuminating that Valley of Hope I have been promised.






747 Principle;  Luke 7:47 He who has been forgiven much, loves much.
Dabar--Hebrew for wildneress
Luke 7:47  Hosea 2:14-15  Ezekiel 16:59  Jeremiah 3:11 Exodus 16:2
Jeremiah 2:24 Amos 4:1 Hosea 2:16
*Elie Wiese
**Ann Voskamp,  One thousand gifts.

NOTE: Valley of Achor,  Joshua Chapter 7, notably vs. 25-26 ; "valley of trouble"